Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

7 Jun 2013

Aji-Ichi Ramen - Affordable and delicious ramen!


That day after my work, I went down to Temasek Polytechnic, intended to collect
my t-shirts which I ordered from a blog shop. There was a last minute cancellation
which pissed me off as I have already reached! I ended up wandering off and being

a road idiot, I ended up getting lost around Tampines. Despite the fact that I lost my
way, I found a hidden gem at a coffeeshop. The first thing that my eyes caught was
the Japanese name of the outlet, followed by pictures of ramen. I was tempted and
ended up having my dinner at an odd timing, before 6. (After checking out, this outlet
is located at Blk 139, Tampines St 11, Fu Chan Coffeeshop) 

While waiting impatiently for my bowl of ramen to arrive, I tried the chawanmushi 
which cost me only $1.90! It was so much cheaper than what I paid in restaurants
for a simple steam egg custard. It was still piping hot as I dug my spoon into the silky
custard and took a nibble. I was amazed by its texture and the melt-in-the-mouth
clear tasting egg custard! I was glad that besides the slices of mushroom on top, the
 custard was plain. I dislike having chunks of chicken or whatever other ingredients
hindering my eggy enjoyment.  

Finally my Pork Chashu Tonkotse Ramen arrived! The first thing I did was to take a large spoonful of soup
to try. It was mild, milky and most importantly, less salty as compared to those usual ramen I ate from
restaurants. (Really suitable for picky semi-health conscious person like me who appreciates less sodium
intake.) They were quite generous with the serving size, especially with that pile of spring onions which
flavored the broth very slightly. With tender but not melt-in-the-mouth slices of pork belly and half a
perfectly molten yolk egg that was less salty too, I really enjoyed my dinner.

Last but not least, the noodles were about the same thickness as instant Maggie
noodles but was more chewy and curly. I wanted to take-away a packet of
ramen for my mum to try but was advised not to by the stall owner as an hour
plus of MRT ride home would affect the quality. Glad to know that there are
still honest and quality-perfection people around!   

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment