Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

4 Dec 2016

Yunomori Onsen & Spa Singapore - First Ever Yuzu Bath


Yunomori Onsen & Spa Singapore

Being the first Japanese Onsen with the largest variety of pools in Singapore, Yunomori Singapore has positioned itself in being authentic and a hub for relaxation as well as rejuvenation. Besides the onsen which was probably the highlight, Yunomori also consists of Thai style treatments as well as massage.   

Stepping into Yunomori Singapore almost felt if I could just surrender myself to enlightenment and I admit that I am definitely a huge fan of zen space and elements as well as woody and earthy-toned furnishing. Just check out and admire the tessellation wall while placing your shoes into the lockers perpendicular to them.

Yunomori Onsen & Spa Singapore

With the launch of Singapore's first ever Yuzu Bath which I would be sharing, Yunomori cafe has also doled out a series of yuzu theme dishes!

Starting off with the irresistibly refreshing Yuzu Soda ($5+) which I couldn't help constantly sipping and enjoying the combination of the citrusy minty soda.  
  
Probably my favourite that day was the Yuzu Udon ($9.80+) which was served chilled. Try not to judge the presentation since the overall plating might looked rather 'pale'. (Soft boiled egg, tender chicken slices and a slice of Japanese fishcake ; alfalfa sprouts and yuzu peels for garnishing) The yuzu infused dipping sauce definitely added a twist to the usual savoury-salty ones, with a hint of bitter aftertaste which I found kind of pleasant after a while.

Yuzu Soda
Yuzu Soda ($5+)

Yuzu Udon
Yuzu Udon ($9.80+)

Do take some time to look around, enjoy the coziness of the cafe surroundings. Some customers were already changed into Yukatas before starting their meal and I could imagine the feel would definitely be much different.

The Japanese Assorted Plate ($17.80+) consist of teriyaki chicken, saba (grilled mackerel), oden ingredients, tofu, miso soup, salad, rice as well as the peach shaped red bean paste mochi. Sounds like a whole mixture of everything in one plate right? Great for sharing!

For deep fried chicken and Japanese curry lovers, you would not want to give Chicken Curry Kaarage ($13.80+) a miss. It comes with miso soup and salad as well.

Last but not least, a scoop of Yuzu Sorbet that was pleasantly fragrant, refreshing and pleasing to my taste buds. I could have begged for more.

Japanese Assorted Plate
Japanese Assorted Plate ($17.80+)

Chicken Curry Kaarage
Chicken Curry Kaarage ($13.80+)
  
Yunomori Onsen & Spa Singapore

The Onsan is split into male and female (sorry, no couple onsen..) since being naked is required before entering the onsen premise. Baskets of neatly folded Yukatas laid before me as I had a difficult choice of selection since I kind of love a couple of these designs. Wondered how I ended up with the bird prints. 
It definitely was great to have another blogger friend with me since probably the best moment to capture photos would be in Yukata, either before or after enjoying the onsen.

Yunomori Onsen & Spa Singapore


Yunomori Onsen & Spa Singapore

Yunomori Onsen & Spa Singapore

Armed with only a small towel while the yukata, a bigger bath towel and the rest of my belongings were placed into our individual locker. The black band that I wore around my wrist was the key to unlock my numbered locker door.
My friend and I had a quick shower (as required) before heading over to the onsen to soak. I admit that I am the type who could not be bothered to even shield my private part while in the onsen area while most people would instinctively do so. All guys isn't it?
I kept wondering how females behave in the onsen. I doubt they would reveal.   

There were a total of 7 categories of bath/spa in which you could enjoy. 
Clockwise order from entrance, they were:
 Bubble Bath, Jet Bath, Soda Bath, Yuzu Bath, Hot Bath, Cold Bath, Steam Room and Suana.

From what I personally experienced, the Yuzu Bath was my favourite as I repetitively went back into it to enjoy the fragrance of the Yuzu. Soaking in yuzu bath is practised by the Japanese during winter season where it was believed to help ward off winter colds and common flu. Not only that, the my skin felt smoother and more moisturised! The yuzus were in sachet bags and could be seen floating on the surface of the bath. Not to forget, they were specially imported from Japan!

At that time which was about 10pm, many other guys also repetitively went back to the Yuzu Bath since it would only be available for a limited time till 31 December 2016.


Image credit: http://www.yunomorionsen.com

Image credit: http://www.yunomorionsen.com

Image credit: http://www.yunomorionsen.com





Check out the EXTENDED 1 FOR 1 ONSEN PROMO due to popular demand!

T&C Apply


Thank you Brandcellar and Yunomori Singapore for the invite.

Yunomori Onsen & Spa Singapore
1 Stadium Place #02-17/18 Kallang Wave Mall Singpaore 397628
Tel : 6386 4126 / 6385 7985
Email: info@yunomorionsen.com.sg
https://www.facebook.com/yunomorisingapore
Opening Hours : 10.00 am. – 11.00 pm. Daily
Yunomori Onsen & Spa Singapore is located at Kallang Wave Mall, the retail section of Singapore Sports Hub.

Do check out their webpage for more information.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment